E.L.F. Eye Cream Review

Good morning, beauties!

Well, this has been a long week! I hope yours has been gorgeous!

For the past few months, I have been using an eye cream. It is no secret I have bags under my eyes for miles. I have tried several other eye creams in the past, and one stands out. It was incredible and super expensive. Simply put, I could not afford the $50 price tag every two months, so I went looking for cheaper options. I heard that the E.L.F. hydration set was perfect for really cheap. This product I am reviewing is E.L.F. Illuminating Eye Cream.

The claims:
This nourishing cream helps hydrate and minimize the appearance of dark circles and puffiness for glowing, healthy looking skin. Infused with Purified Water and skin nourishing Jojoba, Vitamin E, and Cucumber to help soothe and protect the delicate skin area around the eye. Rich in antioxidants Shea Butter and Green Tea. 

How to use the product:
Use morning and night after cleansing.
  • With your ring finger, gently dab around the under eye area, outward to the temples, and along the brow bone to illuminate tired eyes.
How To Use Our Full Skincare Regimen:
  • Step 1 - Serum: Apply first to clean skin to soothe redness and irritation while illuminating the skin.
  • Step 2 - Daily Hydration Moisturizer: After Soothing Serum, apply before makeup to moisturize and lock in hydration for smooth, even skin.
  • Step 3 - Illuminating Eye Cream: After moisturizing, gently dab around the eye and brow area to brighten and lift tired eyes.
  • Step 4 - Nourishing Night Cream: Apply to clean face before bed after Soothing Serum and wake up with vibrant skin!

My Review:
Like I said earlier, I have used this product since around Thanksgiving or Christmas. I wanted to wait to review it until I finished the product to see if that would make it the best it could be. I tried my best to use it nightly before bed, but I'm human. Some nights I forgot. 

In the instructions, it says to use before makeup. I do not recommend this. I DO NOT! My skin is combination skin, I have naturally oily spots. When I used this before makeup, my undereye makeup would be gone by noon. I work 10 hours a day, so noon is not even halfway through my day. After a few tries of this (including a setting powder to help), I nixed the idea. Instead, I put it on as a part of my bedtime routine. 

My bedtime routine is straightforward and easy. After working so long, I need something fast and to the point, because I'm too tired for a 30-minute routine. First I would wash my face, then moisturize my entire face, after I would use this on and around my eyes. 

The Good: 
This stuff is moisturizing. Like you'll wake up, and your eyes and undereye feel softer than a down feather. Well... That's all of the good!

The Bad: 
All other claims are untrue. My under eyes are bad, dark, bags on bags. They need help, a lot. This did not minimize my dark circles. It did not help with puffiness. It did not minimize anything other than the dryness my eyes had. 

Recommend? 
If you are looking strictly for moisturizing your eyes, of course! But if you're under eyes are needing to reduce puffiness, darkness, and need moisturizing? No. Definitely not. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catsuit by Wet N Wild

Date Night Makeup