Stila HUGE Extreme Lash Mascara

Good morning, beauties! I have had this sample tube of Stila's HUGE Extreme Lash Mascara for a bit, never opened, though! I was sent this mascara from ordering X amount on Ulta's website or something. This week I decided to try it.

Mascara is a staple. Most people that do wear makeup, probably wear mascara. I have been wearing mascara since I was about 14. I know what kind of mascara I personally like by now. I like it black, fast drying, and when it adds length.

The claims:
"A mascara with all-in-one volume, length, and curl for dramatic lashes...
Brush on high-drama with Stila's Huge Extreme Lash Mascara. Smudge-proof and long-wearing, it lets you create bold, beautiful lashes. This triple-pigments saturate lashes with deep black formula, building rich, virtually weightless color with every added coat for a bold, volumized look. Formulated with a blend of soft, malleable waxes to keep lashes from feeling clumpy or crunchy, it allows lashes to go fuller than ever before. The innovative wand features dense yet flexible, crimped fibers that work pull lashes up and out, coating every last hair. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates 
- Phthalates 

What else you need to know:
This product is ophthalmologist tested, and it is suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers."

Above are the claims from Sephora's website. Are these claims valid? We shall see!

I personally would not call this mascara an all in one. It does give volume (something I personally do not like on myself), but it gives zero length. This is a $23 mascara, so I expected it to make my lashes va-va-voom! The color is very much black, which is great! However, the formula is odd. I would not call it weightless. I can definitely tell when I have it on after applying it, maybe a few hours later it is weightless. The formula is so watery that it take 5+ minutes to fully dry. Right now here, in Indiana, we are having an oddball winter where it is 10 degrees one day but 65 the next, so my allergies are all over the place! Meaning I sneezed not too long after applying this mascara and made a big mess under my eyes and on my eyelids. Also, I do not agree with the claim that it keeps lashes from becoming clumpy. I took a tiny amount (and only one layer) to put on my lashes, and they turned out clumpy. I think it has something to do with the "volumizing" aspect of the mascara.

Overall: Two thumbs down. I'll be tossing this mascara asap! On to the next test tube of mascara!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catsuit by Wet N Wild

Date Night Makeup